|« Fact-finding or fiction-finding pilgrimages?||Catholic publisher's anti-semitic links »|
What have the Society of St Pius X and Osama Bin Laden got in common?
Yesterday I asked what people like Robert Fisk had in common with the Society of St Pius X. Now you can find out what Osama Bin Laden has in common with the SSPX. Excommunicated ‘Catholic’ Bishop Richard Williamson, who believes in the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, thinks his little group in the Society of St Pius X are the only real Catholics
A bishop of the traditionalist Society of St. Pius X (SSPX) has said that he and Vatican officials "belong to two different religions."
By way of illustration, the Pope recently had a friendly meeting with a delegation from the American Jewish committee.
I gladly welcome you to the Vatican, and I trust that this meeting will further encourage your efforts to increase friendship between the Jewish people and the Catholic Church.
The recent celebration of the 40th anniversary of the Declaration of the Second Vatican Council Nostra Aetate has increased our shared desire to know each other better and to develop a dialogue characterised by mutual respect and love. Indeed, Jews and Christians have a rich common patrimony. In many ways this distinguishes our relationship as unique among the religions of the world. The Church can never forget that chosen people with whom God entered into a holy covenant (cf. Nostra Aetate,4).
To show “how far the SSPX remains from the spirit of this morning's encounter” Whispers in the Loggia has invented a game for anti-semite spotters.
Exercise goes like this: A player (or team, for large groups) will be presented with a quote. Player/team must decide if the incendiary hate-quote derives from an official of Al Qaeda or the Society of St. Pius X.
1. "Arab terrorists... are in turn mere instruments of God who uses them for the salvation of souls."
2. "In the Catholic Middle Ages the Jews were relatively impotent to harm Christendom, but as Catholics have grown over the centuries since then weaker and weaker in the faith, especially since Vatican II, so the Jews have come closer and closer to fulfilling their substitute-Messianic drive towards world dominion."
3."Jews believe that all humans are created for their use, and they found that the Americans are the best-created beings for that use."
4. "[T]here was not one Jew killed in the gas chambers. It was all lies, lies, lies. The Jews created the Holocaust so we would prostrate ourselves on our knees before them and approve of their new State of Israel...."
5. "[T]he Jews are the most active artisans for the coming of antichrist."
6. "Just as the chief priests and ancients hated Jesus unto death... so we may blame Jews and Freemasons and others like them for engineering the destruction of the Church...."
If you want to know the answers, you’ll have to click on the above link. Not easy to tell the difference, is it?